Feature Competitions & Talent Quest
“Selwyn’s Got Talent” Talent Quest 2017 Information
Programme: Saturday 14th of October 10:00 am until midday on the Osborne stage, Ellesmere show grounds, Leeston. This is a fun talent quest where you vcan have the chance to win cash prizes, have fun, shine and show your talent!
TALENT QUEST RULES
- Junior Section – entrants 14 years and under as of 14th of October 2017.
- Senior Section – entrants 15 years and over as of 14th of October 2017.
- Entrants must be a resident of the Selwyn district to qualify for prize money.
- Open to individual or group entries.
- Dance, singing, music, poetry/prose, comedy etc.
- Not open to professional performers.
- Each act will be allowed a total of four minutes performance time.
- All acts will use only the sound system operator provided however, instrumentalists may bring their own amplifiers, if needed.
- All backing music must be sent as an emailed audio file by the 7th of October.
- Once you have submitted your entry you can’t change your item.
- When you are deciding on your act and your music – please make sure the act is age appropriate and language appropriate.
- You will be required to perform within the space restriction of a big truck deck (7m x 5m)
- Entry fee is $20 per solo act and $40 per group act.
- Check in 30 minutes before your contest Section at the TALENT SHOW REGISTRATION TABLE.
- Junior Section Finals will take place between 10.00am -11.00am
- Senior Section Finals will take place 11.00am – midday.
- Be ready to report to the staging area when called AS WELL AS at the end of award presentations.
EVERYONE will report to the staging area after the last contestant in the show and all will go on stage for the announcements of winners. All awards will be presented at the end of the program.
TALENT QUEST JUDGING
There are 3 judges
The Judging criteria will look at:
Music, Comedy & Prose: Technical Difficulty, Accuracy/Tightness, Interpretation, Stage Presence.
Dance: Choreography, Alignment, Expressing, Timing, Stage Presence.
Judges decision is final.
Registration Deadline: Monday 25st of September
Send all registrations or communications to email@example.com
Finalists only will be notified by Friday 29th September,
The A&P committee reserve the right to refuse or decline entry.
For updates check the Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/ellesmereshow
Top Team Challenge Information
The Ellesmere Spring show Primary school top team challenge sponsored by Cochranes of Canterbury and run by Sport Canterbury is for year 6 students from primary schools all over Ellesmere. They will compete in teams of six in a variety of team based activities modelled off the old Top team competition that was screened on T.V. Loads of fun for the kids and spectators to! Find it opposite the embankment by the main ring commences at 11:30am.
FARMLANDS/OAKLEYS ‘MUSTER CHEF’ SCHOOLS CHALLENGE COMPETITION 2017
The Marketing and Promotions Committee of the A and P Association is again very excited to be hosting the hugely successful Farmlands ‘Muster Chef’ Competition. The competition will be held in the marque next to the catering tent behind the main show ring buildings and is the brainchild of Chef and Food extraordinaire, Mr Paul Robinson of ‘Food Solutions’ and CPIT. Paul is a Chef of significant talent and a great entertainer and excels in working with a variety of people whether that is students, private individuals, the public and larger crowds. He has presented at many food shows both within New Zealand and abroad and previously at the Ellesmere Show. At the 2013 and 2015 Show this event was highly patronised, very entertaining and attracted large crowds throughout the day to see local school children show off their culinary talents. It is a highly contested event.
The Farmlands/Oakleys ‘Muster Chef’ Schools Challenge competition this year aims to focus on the preparation of food that fits with this year’s Show theme ‘Celebrating Diversity’. This year the event will be a contest between contestants from six schools within the Selwyn District. The event is proposed to follow the format of 12 students formed into six teams bringing to the culinary stage in the Feature Tent a pre-prepared A2 sized poster for judging by a celebrity judge:
10.30am Introduction of six school teams and judging of their pre-developed Show theme poster Paul Robinson
11.00am Heat 1: First two student teams “cook off”.
12.00pm Heat 2: Second two student teams “cook off”.
1.00pm Heat 3: Third two student teams “cook off”.
2.00pm Grand Final: highest scoring teams compete for the Farmlands Trophy
3.00pm Winning team from the final is announced at the start of the Grand Parade and then is paraded around the show ring in the Parade in a vehicle.