Feature Competitions & Talent Quest
Selwyn’s Got Talent – Talent Quest 2020 Information
Programme: Saturday 17th of October 9: 00 am until midday on the Osbourne stage, Ellesmere Showgrounds, Leeston. This is a fun talent quest where you have the chance to win cash prizes, have fun, shine and show your talent!
TALENT QUEST RULES
- Junior Section – entrants 14 years and under as of 17th of October 2020.
- Senior Section – entrants 15 years and over as of 17th of October 2020.
- Entrants must be a resident of the Selwyn district to qualify for prize money.
- Open to individual or group entries.
- Dance, singing, music, poetry/prose, comedy etc.
- Not open to paid professional performers.
- Each act will be allowed a total of four minutes performance time.
- All acts will use only the sound system operator provided however, instrumentalists may bring their own amplifiers, if needed.
- Once you have submitted your entry you can’t change your item.
- When you are deciding on your act and your music – please make sure the act is age appropriate and language appropriate.
- You will be required to perform within the space restriction of a big truck deck (7m x 5m).
- Entry fee is $5 per solo act and $10 per group act.
- No profanity or swearing in act. This is family entertainment
- Check in 30 minutes before your contest Section at the TALENT SHOW REGISTRATION TABLE.
- Be ready to report to the staging area when called AS WELL AS at the end of award presentations.
- EVERYONE will report to the staging area after the last contestant in the show and all will go on stage for the announcements of winners. All awards will be presented at the end of the program.
TALENT QUEST JUDGING
There are 3 judges
The Judging criteria will look at:
Music, Comedy & Prose: Technical Difficulty, Accuracy/Tightness, Interpretation, Stage Presence.
Dance: Choreography, Alignment, Expressing, Timing, Stage Presence.
Judge’s decision is final.
Registration Deadline: Monday 12th October.
Send all registrations or communications to email@example.com
The Ellesmere A&P Committee reserve the right to refuse or decline entry.
For updates check the Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/ellesmereshow
Wearable arts – Information 2020
Programme: Saturday 17th of October. Two shows 11:00am and 1:30pm in the PGG Wrightson marquee.
CREATE A WORK OF ART INCORPORATING OUR THEME: OUR HERITAGE, OUR FUTURE or your own inspiration.
ENTRY FEE: Junior and youth sections free, open section $5.00 per entry.
PRIZES: Prizes of 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each category
SPECIAL PRIZES: There is a special prize for Best Innovative Accessory and Best use of Recycled Materials. The overall winner of Wearable Arts will receive the WEARABLE ART TROPHY and $600 and a 150th year medal.
WEARABLE ART CLASSES FOR 2020:
- CLASS 3000 Junior Section Age 7-10 years
- CLASS 3001 Youth Section Age 11-17 years
- CLASS 3002 Wearable Art Open Section 18 years +
- CLASS 3003 Wheelable Art – for runway
- CLASS 3004 Wheelable Art for static exhibit
WEARABLE ARTS RULES:
- All entries must be designed and constructed by the entrant but may be modelled by someone else.
- Individual or team entries.
- Enter garment/exhibit in only one section.
- On an A4 piece of paper write a description of your garment, your inspiration and creative process, materials used and how it reflects the theme, (if applicable) include a photo and attach to garment/exhibit for judging.
- Garments/exhibits to be delivered to the PGG Wrightson marquee, ringside, by 6pm Friday 16th October WITH a description and photo attached ready for pre- judging.
- Be dressed ready for the catwalk inside the tent by 10.40am. Only 1 attendant per garment in the changing area please.
- Going in the Grand Parade at 3.30pm is optional.
- Outfits and models need to be available for 2 showings, 11:00am and 1:30pm.
- PRIZES – 1st, 2nd & 3rd prizes in each category. Best innovate accessory. Supreme Award $500 and trophy.
- Prizes to be awarded after the 1.30pm show.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries made for other shows will be accepted, but must not have been winners there.
Please send all registrations to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Wearable Art, c/- Ellesmere Show Secretary, PO Box 17, Leeston 7656
ALL OTHER ENQUIRIES – Please contact Kathryn 0274 516 550 or email
CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES – Friday 2nd October 2020.
Top Team Challenge Information
The Selwyn Spring Show Primary School Top Team Challenge event is sponsored by Cochranes of Canterbury and run by Sport Canterbury.
Students from around Selwyn will represent their Primary School in a variety of team-based activities modelled off the old Top Team competition that was screened on Television.
This is open to any schools in Selwyn with up to 2 teams each. Each team has 6 members made up of year 5 & 6 Students
The winning team will not only get the Top Team Trophy to display in their cabinet for the year and bragging rights as the Top Team in Selwyn, but they will also get $500 in prize money for their school!
Talk to your teacher now about entering a team and register by emailing: email@example.com
Entries must be in by Friday 25th September 2020 and entries are limited to the first 20 teams so don’t wait, register now!
This event is loads of fun for the kids and also great for spectators too!
You can find this event in front of the pavilion in the Matson & Allan Main ring at 12 noon.
Look forward to seeing everyone there!