Feature Competitions & Talent Quest
Selwyn’s Got Talent – Talent Quest 2018 Information
Programme: Saturday 13th of October 9:00 am until midday on the Osborne stage, Ellesmere showgrounds, Leeston. This is a fun talent quest where you have the chance to win cash prizes, have fun, shine and show your talent!
TALENT QUEST RULES
- Junior Section – entrants 14 years and under as of 13th of October 2018.
- Senior Section – entrants 15 years and over as of 13th of October 2018.
- Entrants must be a resident of the Selwyn district to qualify for prize money.
- Open to individual or group entries.
- Dance, singing, music, poetry/prose, comedy etc.
- Not open to professional performers.
- Each act will be allowed a total of four minutes performance time.
- All acts will use only the sound system operator provided however, instrumentalists may bring their own amplifiers, if needed.
- All backing music must be sent as an emailed audio file by the 6th of October.
- Once you have submitted your entry you can’t change your item.
- When you are deciding on your act and your music – please make sure the act is age appropriate and language appropriate.
- You will be required to perform within the space restriction of a big truck deck (7m x 5m).
- Entry fee is $5 per solo act and $10 per group act.
- Check in 30 minutes before your contest Section at the TALENT SHOW REGISTRATION TABLE.
- Junior Section Finals will take place between 9.00am – 11.00am.
- Senior Section Finals will take place 11.00am – midday.
- Be ready to report to the staging area when called AS WELL AS at the end of award
EVERYONE will report to the staging area after the last contestant in the show and all will go on stage for the announcements of winners. All awards will be presented at the end of the program.
TALENT QUEST JUDGING
There are 3 judges
The Judging criteria will look at:
Music, Comedy & Prose: Technical Difficulty, Accuracy/Tightness, Interpretation, Stage Presence.
Dance: Choreography, Alignment, Expressing, Timing, Stage Presence.
Judges decision is final.
Registration Deadline: Monday 24th of September
Send all registrations or communications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Finalists only will be notified by Friday 28th September.
The A&P committee reserve the right to refuse or decline entry.
For updates check the Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/ellesmereshow
Wearable Art – 2018 Information
Programme: Saturday 13th of October. Two shows 11:00am and 1:30pm in the Farmlands feature marquee.
SECTIONS FOR 2018
- Wearable Art
- Art Bra
- Creative scarecrow (make & model section has been removed)
- Junior & Youth section 7-10 years and 11-17 years, FREE entry
- Open section 18 years and over, $5 entry fee payable on entry
- Individual or team entries
- Send all registrations or communications to email@example.com or post to Wearable Art, Ellesmere A & P Show Secretary, PO Box 17, Leeston 7656
- CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES – 30th September 2018
WEARABLE ARTS RULES
- Garment to be made by the entrant, but can be modelled by someone else.
- Garments to be delivered to the Farmlands tent, ringside, by 6pm Friday 12th October WITH a description and photo attached ready for pre- judging.
- On an A4 page write a description of your garment, your inspiration and creative process and the materials used, how it reflects the show theme “where town meets country”, include a photo and attach to garment for judging.
- Be dressed ready for the catwalk inside the tent by 10.40am. Only 1 attendant per garment in the changing area please.
- Outfits and models need to be available for 2 showings, 11:00am and 1:30pm.
- Enter garment in only 1 section.
- Prizes – 1st, 2nd & 3rd cash prizes in each category – Best innovative accessory. Best use of recycled materials. Supreme Award $500 & trophy.
- Prizes presented after 1:30pm show.
- The judges’ decision is final.
Top Team Challenge Information
The Selwyn Spring Show Primary School Top Team Challenge event is sponsored by Cochranes of Canterbury and run by Sport Canterbury is for year 6 students from primary schools from the Selwyn district. They will compete in teams of six in a variety of team based activities modelled off the old Top Team competition that was screened on Television. Loads of fun for the kids and spectators too! Find it opposite the embankment by the main ring, commences at 12.00 noon.
Mounted Games Demonstration
Mounted Games is a branch of equestrian sport where very fast games are played by people of all ages on ponies up to a height of 15 hands (152 cm). This is a fast paced sport that requires a high degree of athletic horse riding ability, persistence and perseverance and an ability to work with your pony and team mates.