Feature Competitions & Talent Quest
Selwyn’s Got Talent – Talent Quest 2019 Information
Programme: Saturday 19th of October 9:30 am until midday on the Osbourne stage, Ellesmere Showgrounds, Leeston. This is a fun talent quest where you have the chance to win cash prizes, have fun, shine and show your talent!
TALENT QUEST RULES
- Junior Section – entrants 14 years and under as of 19th of October 2019.
- Senior Section – entrants 15 years and over as of 19th of October 2019.
- Entrants must be a resident of the Selwyn district to qualify for prize money.
- Open to individual or group entries.
- Dance, singing, music, poetry/prose, comedy etc.
- Not open to professional performers.
- Each act will be allowed a total of four minutes performance time.
- All acts will use only the sound system operator provided however, instrumentalists may bring their own amplifiers, if needed.
- All backing music must be sent as an emailed audio file by the 7th of October.
- Once you have submitted your entry you can’t change your item.
- When you are deciding on your act and your music – please make sure the act is age appropriate and language appropriate.
- You will be required to perform within the space restriction of a big truck deck (7m x 5m).
- Entry fee is $5 per solo act and $10 per group act.
- Check in 30 minutes before your contest Section at the TALENT SHOW REGISTRATION TABLE.
- Junior Section Finals will take place between 9.30am – 11.00am.
- Senior Section Finals will take place 11.00am – midday.
- Be ready to report to the staging area when called AS WELL AS at the end of award presentations.
EVERYONE will report to the staging area after the last contestant in the show and all will go on stage for the announcements of winners. All awards will be presented at the end of the program.
TALENT QUEST JUDGING
There are 3 judges
The Judging criteria will look at:
Music, Comedy & Prose: Technical Difficulty, Accuracy/Tightness, Interpretation, Stage Presence.
Dance: Choreography, Alignment, Expressing, Timing, Stage Presence.
Judges decision is final.
Registration Deadline: Monday 7th October
Send all registrations or communications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Finalists only will be notified by Friday 11th October.
The Ellesmere A&P Committee reserve the right to refuse or decline entry.
For updates check the Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/ellesmereshow
Wearable Art – 2019 Information
Programme: Saturday 19th of October. Two shows 11:00am and 1:30pm in the PGG Wrightson marquee.
CREATE A WORK OF ART
SECTIONS FOR 2019
- Wearable Art – Open section 18+ years
- Wearable Parts – open to all ages
- Recycle / Reuse – Junior and youth sections
- Junior & Youth section 7-10 years and 11-17 years, FREE entry
- Open section 18 years +, $5 entry fee payable on entry
- Individual or team entries
- Send all registrations or communications to email@example.com or post to Wearable Art, c/- Ellesmere A & P Show Secretary, PO Box 17, Leeston 7656
- CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES – Monday 30th September 2019
WEARABLE ARTS RULES
- All entries must be designed and constructed by the entrant but may be modelled by someone else.
- Enter garment in only one section.
- On an A4 piece of paper write a description of your garment, your inspiration and creative process, materials used and how it reflects the theme, (if applicable) include a photo and attach to garment for judging.
- Garments to be delivered to the PGG Wrightson marquee, ringside, by 6pm Friday 18th October WITH a description and photo attached ready for pre- judging.
- Be dressed ready for the catwalk inside the tent by 10.40am. Only 1 attendant per garment in the changing area please.
- Outfits and models need to be available for 2 showings, 11:00am and 1:30pm.
- PRIZES – 1st, 2nd & 3rd prizes in each category. Best innovate accessory. Supreme Award $500 and trophy.
- Prizes presented after 1:30pm show.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries made for other shows will be accepted, but must not have been winners there.
Top Team Challenge Information
The Selwyn Spring Show Primary School Top Team Challenge event is sponsored by Cochranes of Canterbury and run by Sport Canterbury is for year 6 students from primary schools from the Selwyn district. They will compete in teams of six in a variety of team based activities modelled off the old Top Team competition that was screened on Television. Loads of fun for the kids and spectators too! Find it opposite the embankment by the main ring, commences at 12 noon.
MUSTER CHEF Schools Challenge Competition returns for 2019, sponsored by Farmlands and Oakleys Premium Fresh Vegetables.
Muster Chef Schools Cook Off Competition – starts at 10:30am in the Farmlands marquee
Muster Chef returns for 2019! Muster Chef is the brain child of chef extraordinaire Paul Robinson of Food Solutions and CPIT.
Paul is a chef of significant talent and a great entertainer. He excels working with a variety of people from students to private groups, the public and larger crowds and he has presented at many food shows in New Zealand and abroad. Paul attended the Selwyn Spring Shows in 2013 and 2015 and these events were highly patronised and very entertaining, attracting large crowds throughout the day to see local school children show off their culinary talents. This event is a highly contested event, not to be missed!
The Farmlands – Oakley’s ‘Muster Chef’ Schools challenge competition this year aims to focus on the preparation of food that fts with this year’s show theme.
This year the event will be a contest between students’ teams from six schools within the Selwyn District. The event is proposed to follow the format of 12 students formed into six teams bringing to the culinary stage in the Feature Tent a pre-prepared A2 sized poster for judging by a celebrity judge
10:30am INTRODUCTION – of six school teams and judging of their pre-developed show theme poster – Paul Robinson
11:00am HEAT 1 – first two student teams ‘cook off’
12.00pm HEAT 2 – second two student teams ‘cook off’
1:00pm HEAT 3 – third two student teams ‘cook off’
2:00pm GRAND FINAL – highest scoring teams compete for the Farmlands Trophy
3:00pm WINNING TEAM FROM THE FINAL IS ANNOUNED at the start of the Grand Parade and joins the parade in a vehicle
Farmlands and Oakley’s Premium Fresh Vegetables will again sponsor the event being the well-known rural based business within the Selwyn District area.
World Mounted Games Championships 2019 – NZMGA and Canterbury MGA are hosting the 10th Nations Team championship final at the Selwyn Spring Show | Saturday 19th October:
Final Part 1: 9.30am at Ellesmere A & P Show
Final part 2: 1.00pm at Ellesmere A & P Show followed by prizegiving
Mounted Games is a fast paced, action packed discipline with riders and mounts displaying an incredible amount of fitness, training and skill. Riders must be athletic and strong with wonderful horsemanship skills and great hand to eye coordination. Ponies are required to be nimble, fast, strong and brave but most of all must have a great brain!
This exciting equestrian discipline can be enjoyed by everyone and spectators do not require specialist “horsey” knowledge – just a desire to be entertained! For more information go to www.sporty.co.nz/nations2019
District Young Farmer of the Year – Christchurch District Young Farmers compete for the regionals by proving their expertise of practical farming knowledge, don’t miss it!
We are very fortunate to have the Ellesmere Show host this year’s Christchurch District Young Farmers Contest! This contest is to select the best person/people to represent the Christchurch District at the Regional Final. However, this contest aims to provide a fun, learning opportunity for New Zealand Young Farmers members as competitors, organisers and spectators. But also provides an opportunity for New Zealand Young Farmers and contest sponsors to promote themselves to the local community.
For more information on the Christchurch District, Contest day can be found on http://www.youngfarmers.co.nz/ and Christchurch District Young Farmers Facebook page.
Look forward to seeing everyone there!