Selwyn’s Got Talent – Talent Quest 2019 Information
Programme: Saturday 19th of October 9:30 am until midday on the Osbourne stage, Ellesmere Showgrounds, Leeston. This is a fun talent quest where you have the chance to win cash prizes, have fun, shine and show your talent!
TALENT QUEST RULES
- Junior Section – entrants 14 years and under as of 19th of October 2019.
- Senior Section – entrants 15 years and over as of 19th of October 2019.
- Entrants must be a resident of the Selwyn district to qualify for prize money.
- Open to individual or group entries.
- Dance, singing, music, poetry/prose, comedy etc.
- Not open to professional performers.
- Each act will be allowed a total of four minutes performance time.
- All acts will use only the sound system operator provided however, instrumentalists may bring their own amplifiers, if needed.
- All backing music must be sent as an emailed audio file by the 7th of October.
- Once you have submitted your entry you can’t change your item.
- When you are deciding on your act and your music – please make sure the act is age appropriate and language appropriate.
- You will be required to perform within the space restriction of a big truck deck (7m x 5m).
- Entry fee is $5 per solo act and $10 per group act.
- Check in 30 minutes before your contest Section at the TALENT SHOW REGISTRATION TABLE.
- Junior Section Finals will take place between 9.30am – 11.00am.
- Senior Section Finals will take place 11.00am – midday.
- Be ready to report to the staging area when called AS WELL AS at the end of award presentations.
EVERYONE will report to the staging area after the last contestant in the show and all will go on stage for the announcements of winners. All awards will be presented at the end of the program.
TALENT QUEST JUDGING
There are 3 judges
The Judging criteria will look at:
Music, Comedy & Prose: Technical Difficulty, Accuracy/Tightness, Interpretation, Stage Presence.
Dance: Choreography, Alignment, Expressing, Timing, Stage Presence.
Judges decision is final.
Registration Deadline: Monday 7th October
Send all registrations or communications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Finalists only will be notified by Friday 11th October.
The Ellesmere A&P Committee reserve the right to refuse or decline entry.
For updates check the Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/ellesmereshow